I am originally from California so I have a deep love of Mexican food, but here in Seattle it’s hard to find a decent place that serves good mexican. But we always have fresh seafood and I am always looking for ways to make my meals a little lighter. So I thought why not combine my love of mexican, spicy, and make a cute fun version of a shrimp cocktail. This is a fun meal to eat just for dinner or to serve as a light appetizer if you have a few guests over. Its super simple and quick to make!
Ingredients: Serves about 4
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound peeled and devained large shrimp
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup cooked corn (I used a frozen bag of colorful corn and cooked it according to the bag)
- In a bowl mix together the chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss the shrimp into the spice mixture and make sure everything is coated.
- You can use a grill but I don’t have one so I heated up a grill pan on med-high heat and spray it with some cooking spray
- Place the shirmp on the grill pan and sear until are cooked through, about 2min per side. remove from the pan and let them cool down a little.
- In a bowl combine the corn, avocado, shrimp, taco seasoning, lime juice and toss together
- Divide the shrimp into cocktail glasses and garnish with a lime wedge!! I used these cute hybrid wine/martini glasses that I picked up at Home Goods