I am always on the hunt for something quick to make on those busy days where you have to work late or your just way to tired to actually make something fancy. Bagel bites are something that I have eaten since I was a kid. I would always see the bagel bites commercial on tv when I got home from school so my brother and I were so excited to eat them as a snack when my mom finally caved and bought a box from the frozen section at the grocery store. Since then I have upgraded and now make my own quick homemade version of the frozen treat. It’s not as fast as opening the freezer and placing the frozen treat on a baking tray in the oven, but it’s still quick and equally as delicious. All you need are english muffins, my favorite are from Trader Joe’s, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and all of your favorite toppings.
- English muffins
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce (any brand will do)
- Black olives
- Garlic salt
- Red chili flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each english muffin in half (one muffin makes two bagel bites).
- Before I put the sauce on each half of muffin, I like to sprinkle so either garlic powder or garlic salt onto each muffin for some add flavor.
- Spread about a spoonful of sauce onto each muffin half.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Now the fun part, toppings!! You can add whatever toppings you like. I prefer olives, a little bit on onions, and sometimes I will add pieces of pepperoni or pancetta.
- Once you add your desired toppings place in the oven for 10 mins or until all the cheese as melted.
I hope that you enjoy my quick treat for those days that you just need something simple!