How many of you have seen this device floating around the internet over the past couple of years? Well I finally decided to bite the bullet and try it out. Surprisingly I actually liked it, minus the off putting chemical smell that comes from this particular version that I bought from Amazon. If you want perfectly straight, frizz free hair, then this is not the device for you, I would suggest getting a flat iron. My favorite is the CHI, I have been using mine since high school. This straightening brush is for more natural looking straight hair with a little more volume than a flat iron would give. I find that it takes about the same time to do my hair if I use this device or if I use a flat iron. I have curly, wavy, frizzy mixed hair so this device is perfect for me when I want my hair to look more put together.
One of the things I like the most about this device is that you can control the temperature. Some people find the automatic heat settings on devices too hot, and with this you can us a higher or lower temperature setting based off your personal preference. The one negative about this is that you can’t get close enough to straighten out your baby hairs, and mine are curly so I have to use the flat iron as well, which to see seems a little redundant.
Overall I don’t think that this is a device that you need to run out and go purchase, especially if you already own a flat iron, but if you are looking for something new or if you had wanted to try this then I don’t think you would be disappointed with your purchase.
Note: This device is not going to give you that super sleek, straight hair look that a flat iron would give. This gives you more of a natural straight softness to your hair.
Here is the link to the one I bought but there are so many versions out there. I advise you to look at review on amazon before you pick one to buy! hair straightening brush
What my hair looks like after I use the brush.
p.s. The views expressed on this site are the author’s own and are provided for informational purposes only. The author makes no warranties about the suitability of any product or treatment referenced or reviewed here for any person other than herself and any reliance placed on these reviews or references by you is done so solely at your own risk. Nothing on this site shall be construed as providing dermatological, medical or other such advice and you are always advised to seek the advice of a suitable professional should you have any such concerns.
After months and months at attempting a braided crown I finally got it. This was my first time actually getting this and I was so excited I wanted to share it with all of you!! and some tricks I learned along the way to help make achieving this braid a little easier.
ps: I am not a braiding expert, I just have really curly/wavy frizzy hair and I don’t like to use hot tools all the time and I find braiding an easy cute alternative to heat styling.
- Doing a dutch braid you braid under instead of over (french braid). This makes for a more defined braid and your braid will be on top.
- Where ever you place your hands while braiding is where your braid will go, so try and keep your hands as close to your hair line as possible to get a crown effect.
- If you have layered hair I would suggest braiding when your hair is a little damp, to help you catch any looses ends so your braid is cleaner and less messy like mine was. Or use some kind of hair wax to add a little texture to your dry hair and prevent less flyways, and hold everything in place.
- This hairstyle works best on hair that is two or three days old, and not freshly washed hair. Clean hair is harder to work with and less malleable.
- Spray your hair with a little bit of dry shampoo (I use Dove) and a little bit of hairspray to keep the frizz a little bit under control.
- While braiding keep your braid pretty tight, you can loosen it up after your done braiding by pancaking your braid (spreading out the ends to fluff your braid and make it look fuller)
- Take your time and be patient, you might have to redo your braid a few times till you get the technique right. And make sure you alternate your hands when you braid in the back of your head.
- Watch various videos on youtube. Each tutorial has a different technique and it will help you find the best way to braid for you.
I hope that you find some of these tips helpful when you are trying your braided crown!!