How many of you have seen this device floating around the internet over the past couple of years? Well I finally decided to bite the bullet and try it out. Surprisingly I actually liked it, minus the off putting chemical smell that comes from this particular version that I bought from Amazon. If you want perfectly straight, frizz free hair, then this is not the device for you, I would suggest getting a flat iron. My favorite is the CHI, I have been using mine since high school. This straightening brush is for more natural looking straight hair with a little more volume than a flat iron would give. I find that it takes about the same time to do my hair if I use this device or if I use a flat iron. I have curly, wavy, frizzy mixed hair so this device is perfect for me when I want my hair to look more put together.
One of the things I like the most about this device is that you can control the temperature. Some people find the automatic heat settings on devices too hot, and with this you can us a higher or lower temperature setting based off your personal preference. The one negative about this is that you can’t get close enough to straighten out your baby hairs, and mine are curly so I have to use the flat iron as well, which to see seems a little redundant.
Overall I don’t think that this is a device that you need to run out and go purchase, especially if you already own a flat iron, but if you are looking for something new or if you had wanted to try this then I don’t think you would be disappointed with your purchase.
Note: This device is not going to give you that super sleek, straight hair look that a flat iron would give. This gives you more of a natural straight softness to your hair.
Here is the link to the one I bought but there are so many versions out there. I advise you to look at review on amazon before you pick one to buy! hair straightening brush
What my hair looks like after I use the brush.
p.s. The views expressed on this site are the author’s own and are provided for informational purposes only. The author makes no warranties about the suitability of any product or treatment referenced or reviewed here for any person other than herself and any reliance placed on these reviews or references by you is done so solely at your own risk. Nothing on this site shall be construed as providing dermatological, medical or other such advice and you are always advised to seek the advice of a suitable professional should you have any such concerns.
The first time I heard of the tangle teezer I thought that it was kind of gimmicky. But one of my friends had purchased one, and she swore by it, said it was the best hair brush she’s ever bought. So I decided that it wouldn’t hurt to try it since it’s also inexpensive, and as it turns out I agree, this brush is amazing! I have naturally really thick, frizzy/curly hair, thats medium long length, and it’s always gotten pretty bad tangles. With this little brush I don’t use a detangler, and it will not rip our and tear my hair no matter how bad my tangles are, and there’s a lot less pain if you have really bad tangles.
All in all it love this brush and it’s my go to hair brush, and I recommend this brush for all women.
here is a link for where I purchased mine if you would like to check it out
ps: This is not a sponsored post, this is just my personal opinion of this product, this product is not for everyone, and I advise to try it out to see if this product is for you.
Happy Friday Loves!!
It’s been raining a lot here this week and for me rainy days are perfect for a girls night and relaxing after a busy week of school. My favorite way to relax is by taking bubble bath. I only got this a few months ago, and Wow!! this is the best bubble bath ever! The Lavender Foaming Bath from L’Occitaine is probably one of the the best products I have used, and it’s perfect for a little girl time and a night in, and it smells amazing! The lavender scent is heavenly, and not too strong, and when you get out of the bath the scent lingers on your skin and its very soothing and relaxing. The packaging is one of my favorite things about this. I love that it comes in a brushed-aluminium bottle. I so simple and classy that it reminds me of France and of the metal bottles that were used in the past to hold fragrances.
The only downside to this product is that it is a little on the pricy side, and sells for $36 for about 170z. But for me personally I think that this bath is worth the price. A little goes a long way, and it leaves your skin feeling clean and fragrant. If your looking for a great new bath product I would recommend this one! Just pour a little bit under some running hot water, and let the scent relax and stimulate your mind and transport you to the rugged hills of Provence.
L-Occitane Lavender Harvest Foaming Bath
ps: this is just my personal opinion of this product, this product is not for everyone, and I advise to try it out to see if this product is for you.
After months and months at attempting a braided crown I finally got it. This was my first time actually getting this and I was so excited I wanted to share it with all of you!! and some tricks I learned along the way to help make achieving this braid a little easier.
ps: I am not a braiding expert, I just have really curly/wavy frizzy hair and I don’t like to use hot tools all the time and I find braiding an easy cute alternative to heat styling.
- Doing a dutch braid you braid under instead of over (french braid). This makes for a more defined braid and your braid will be on top.
- Where ever you place your hands while braiding is where your braid will go, so try and keep your hands as close to your hair line as possible to get a crown effect.
- If you have layered hair I would suggest braiding when your hair is a little damp, to help you catch any looses ends so your braid is cleaner and less messy like mine was. Or use some kind of hair wax to add a little texture to your dry hair and prevent less flyways, and hold everything in place.
- This hairstyle works best on hair that is two or three days old, and not freshly washed hair. Clean hair is harder to work with and less malleable.
- Spray your hair with a little bit of dry shampoo (I use Dove) and a little bit of hairspray to keep the frizz a little bit under control.
- While braiding keep your braid pretty tight, you can loosen it up after your done braiding by pancaking your braid (spreading out the ends to fluff your braid and make it look fuller)
- Take your time and be patient, you might have to redo your braid a few times till you get the technique right. And make sure you alternate your hands when you braid in the back of your head.
- Watch various videos on youtube. Each tutorial has a different technique and it will help you find the best way to braid for you.
I hope that you find some of these tips helpful when you are trying your braided crown!!
This is going to be a long post, but My 2014 Beauty Favorites is finally here!! Let me know if you would like me to review any one particular product. Thank you for visiting
Ok lets get started!!
- Make Up Forever HD foundation – oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.
- L’oreal true match – amazing foundation with light-medium coverage, build-able
- L’oreal true match powder – creamy powder foundation smoothes on evenly for a flawless-looking complexion.
- Mac Pro long wear – provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish, can also be used as an eye primer.
- NARS radiant creamy concealer – creamy concealer with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion, can be used on all skin types.
- Jack Black Lip Balm – hydrating lip balm to soothe lips while it protects from sun and wind and restore softness to your lips
- Bite Beauty Cinnamon Lip Oil –99%-natural cinnamon- and Resveratrol-infused lip oil that naturally hydrates, shines, and plumps the appearance of lips in one spicy swipe.
- Vaseline Rosy Lips – locks in moisture to help your lips feel and look better over time.
p.s this is not sponsored, all products I purchased and these are just my personal favorites, they work different on every person and skin type.
Hi everyone!! I have a new fall/winter fashion series coming out throughout this month! I hope you all enjoy
Sweater: Leopard Sweater from Ralph Lauren (sold out)
Jeans: Lauren Conrad from Kohls
Shoes: Suede booties by Steve Madden (sold 0ut) but similar can be found here
Hair Accessories: Modern Muse giant bow ponytail holder from Urban Outfitters
Baby powder is one of my go too hair accessories for second or third day hair. I don’t wash my hair every day, (which I think is common for most people, because it strips the moisture and color out of your hair, and give you dry split end damaged hair, and cause lots of fallout) which means your hair can start to feel oily and a little gross. Hence the baby powder!! I have been using this in the roots of my hair to help absorb the oil, prolonging me from washing my hair every day, to every three day or so. You can probably wait longer, but I just love the feel of clean freshly shampooed hair!
Now I know your probably thinking why don’t you just use dry shampoo, which is what most people do, but I have just been doing this for so many years (way before all the dry shampoo hype lol) and it’s worked well for me…plus dry shampoo can be pretty pricey and baby powder is very inexpensive and have multiple uses other than for my hair 🙂 , plus who doesn’t love the smell!!
I advise that you do this before bed. Apply the baby powder to your roots and massage it in. DON’T do this in the morning (especially if you have dark hair like me) this will make your hair white and look like it has a weird type of dandruff or something. When you apply the baby powder at night, this allows your hair/powder enough time to absorb all the excess grease build in your hair. When you wake up in the morning all the white powder will be gone!! and your hair will smell and have the same feeling as if you used a dry shampoo.
I hope that you enjoyed my alternative to dry shampoo.
ps. If you want in the morning after your baby powder has done its magic you can spray a couple spritzes of dry shampoo to touch up your hair, this will also prolong your dry shampoo and make your bottle last longer which is a bonus since it can be a little expensive. I don’t personally do this, the baby powder works great alone in my hair, and I don’t own a dry shampoo.