I love pie.. I think that it is a dessert that can be eaten any time no matter the occasion. Last year I visited Mt. Rainier in Washington with my family and on our way home we stopped at this little mom & pop restaurant cafe and I had the most amazing pie I have ever had. Ever since then I have been craving blackberry pie. For the past few month I have been trying and tweeking pie recipes, and I finally came up with my own version of blackberry pie with a twist.
I have never been a fan off making my own pie crust I find it so tedious and not very fun lol. So I bought a pie crust, but I am sure this pie would taste even better, if I didn’t decide to be lazy, if I made the crust from scratch.
The twist to this recipe is that instead of only using blackberries I added a few raspberries to the mixture to just add some depth of berry flavor to the pie. I found when I only used blackberries I didn’t like pie as much..Just my own personal preference, but you can leave out the raspberries and just use blackberries alone.
Cut out and a piece and serve with some vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 5 cups of blackberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 tsp of butter cut into pieces
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and stir in blackberries and raspberries until everything is coated.
- Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Place your cut butter pieces on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; and seal the edges with a fork. (you can make the crust cover into any design you like I did a criss cross weave top for some extra cuteness!)
- Cover the crust edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning on the edges.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour to allow filling to thicken.
- Cut into slices, serve and enjoy with some yummy ice cream!!
Homemade whole wheat pancakes that are healthy and delicious, and you won’t feel so guilty to eat! These pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and they were so fluffy! To me the fluffier the pancakes the prettier and tastier they are (I know weird lol). I hope that you enjoy this recipe, I know there’s so many different recipes and variations to this, and if you have one I would love to know how you make yours, so I can try different variations!
xoxo I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients minus the lemon juice in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined to a batter texture
- Add the lemon juice to the batter an stir it in a couple of times
- Don’t overmix your batter, it will prevent the pancakes from rising and becoming fluffy
- Let your batter sit while your pan heats up
- Scoop your batter into the pan and spread out evenly
- Cook until you see bubbles form around the edges of the pancake and gently flip, and cook until it’s lightly brown.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries or your favorite fruit, and pour on some maple syrup
Voila!! You have yummy healthy pancakes!!
Happy Friday Everyone!
I usually make sugar cookies to give as gifts to everyone during the holidays, but this year I had to mix it up. I wanted to make cookies for my grandparents, and my grandma doesn’t eat meat (including eggs) and my grandpa can’t have sugar, so I decided to try and make eggless sugar free cookies. They loved them so I wanted to share my recipe with all of you!
Hope you enjoy!
ps. I still prefer my sugar cookies recipe over this one, the constancy is in my opinion better, but this is a good alternative version.
Eggless Sugar free cookies
(makes about 25-28 cookies)
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (soft otherwise it won’t mix very well)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Agave (you can add a little more if you want your cookies to be sweeter, I would say this recipe is semi-sweet)
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients.
Step 2: Wrap your dough in some wax paper or plastic wrap and place your dough in the fridge for at least an hour (this will harden your dough up a bit so it will be easier to roll out)
OR: Roll the dough into log then place in the plastic wrap to do a slice and bake style cookie instead. For the slice and bake chill the dough for about an hour or longer.
Step 3: preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 4: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 5: Roll out your dough not too thin and cut out your shapes. (which is what I did) and place onto the parchment paper un-greased
OR: Slice the log dough into about 1/8 in rounds and place onto the parchment paper un-greased.
Step 6: Bake your cookies for about 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Make sure you watch your cookies.
Let your cookies cool and voila!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and a glass of wine
Fancy strawberries just scream a delicious desert . That’s what you get when you dip the berries in white chocolate and in dark chocolate. There is something about strawberries dipped in chocolate that says fancy. At least that’s what I think whenever I see them. You might want to test the theory. But if you’re going to give someone special a box of chocolate dipped berries, you might want to make some for yourself as well! It’s simple and can be made in advance. Also, it won’t weigh you down if you still have to make a special and romantic dinner, and goes great with a bottle of wine, or even better champagne!
WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRIES
- white chocolate
- dark chocolate
- Rinse your strawberries and lay them on a paper towel to dry. Line a dish or baking tray with wax paper (used to prevent the chocolate from sticking to your tray).
- Melt your white chocolate: pour your chocolate in a pot and heat on med-high, stir until all your chocolate is melted and immediately remove from heat to prevent your chocolate from burning.
- Make sure your strawberries are dry (otherwise it will difficult for the chocolate to stick) and dip into your chocolate
- Lay on the wax paper to dry
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the Dark chocolate
- Once all your strawberries are dipped place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving
Tip: if you have a hard time melting your chocolate you might want to try to melt it by using a double boiler. I find that this is the easier way to prevent your chocolate from burning.
I love wine so I decided to try a new one! This wine is an Italian Blend, it tastes more like a Merlot than a Cab, but without tasting very dry. Overall I liked it! I’m not an official wine taster, I just now started to try different types of wines, other than my favorite Menage a Trois. So I hope that this is a little helpful, but I suggest you try it for yourself. I don’t drink very often but when I do I prefer Cabernet, so I will let you know when I try a different one.
I love Banana Bread, so I decided to make a low fat Greek yogurt version of this delicious recipe. I used to make this bread with apple sauce to make it a little more skinny, but I wanted to try it with Greek yogurt (since I love to eat Greek yogurt with granola as a healthy snack). Here is my modified recipe of this delicious bread with Greek Yogurt!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar (granulated)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of melted butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 3 over ripe bananas (make sure you mash them)
- 6 oz of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (chopped up)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in the large bowl (flour, baking soda, and salt) Set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar (mix well)
- Add your bananas, vanilla, eggs, and yogurt into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir until it’s all mixed together thoroughly
- Slowly, little by little, mix in your flour mixture until all of its incorporated
- Stir in your walnuts and chocolate chip (it helps to lightly coat them in flour so that they don’t all stink to the bottom and are spread evenly in your mixture)
Spray a bread pan and pour in your mixture, you may need to use two pans depending on the size of your pan,
Place in the oven for about 40 minutes. Check every 10 minutes until golden brown on the top and stick a butter knife or toothpick through the center the the bread to make sure it comes out clean. Baking times may vary depending on your over and should take anywhere between 30-40 minutes.
Set on a drying rack to cool. Cut, Serve, and enjoy!!
I love sugar cookies!! But sometimes when you buy them they are either too sweet, or dry. So I decided to try and make my own. And I finally found the perfect recipe!! Sugar cookies are perfect for every holiday and with Valentine’s Day coming up I figure this is the best time to share my recipe for those of you who like to bake or who want to try something new for Valentines!
I also wanted to share some of my photos from the Christmas Holiday Cookies I made. I know it’s a little late but better late than never I guess….haha.
It takes a bit of work, but I promise everyone will enjoy them!
- 4 3/4 Cup of Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) Set aside
- Beat the margarine and sugar together until fluffy
- Beat in eggs
- Fold in Valilla Extract
- Stir flour into the mixture slowly (I find it best and easier to do a little bit at a time)
- Chill overnight (if you don’t have time for that chill at least 3-4 hours, but overnight is best)
- Roll out dough and have fun!!
Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated over for about 8-10 minutes. Times may vary slightly depending on your oven so make sure you watch your cookies.
Once they cool, decorate and enjoy!!
For those of you who have a sweet tooth this desert with satisfy that. It is the perfect amount of sweet and salty and takes less then five minutes to make!!! enjoy!!