Hey guys! I know that summer has started for some of you, so I thought I would do a summer reading list. Summertime is not just a good time to lay out at the beach, but also a good time to spend a couple of hours and lose yourself in a good book!
I admit, I love to read, but as a student I often don’t have time to read anything other than textbooks. But summer is more of a relaxed time for me and I can enjoy have some extra reading!!! I’ve been downloading lots of freebies on my Ipad Kindle lately and getting some good recommendations from friends, and a book club that I am in, so I have plenty of books to keep me reading for quite a while.
There are several books that I have already read that I really want to share with all of you today!!
1. Game of Thrones Book 1: I started reading these books after being intrigued by the first season of the show (I think a lot of people were), but I’m glad I decided to do so. These books are incredible and you can’t put them down. Watching the show and reading them has helped me completely understand what’s going on. You won’t regret getting into this series.
2. The Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy: I finished these books last month.. and I have to say that the series was not exactly what I expected. I won’t say these are the best written books out there, but they aren’t suppose to be. I had so much fun reading them every day. I love books that go day by day, it makes it seem more real that way, like I’m spying in on their lives. I never in a million years would have thought I would like these books.. let alone LOVE them! I think everyone should give this book a chance.. it might surprise you. I love how this book played with your emotions. One minute you hated Christian and the next you loved him. You could totally feel the emotions through this book. I’m not sure what i’m going to do with myself now that i’m done. This was my frist summer read of the year and I know I will have a hard time thinking about anything else but these books. I am so glad that my friend suggested reading them.. otherwise I would have missed out on this wonderful trilogy.
3. The House at Riverton: I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written historical fiction. It provided a fascinating look at life in the early 1900 when there appeared to be a much greater distinction between classes with little, if any, opportunity for those born into poor families to better themselves. It’s a great story if you love the show Downton Abbey (which I am addicted too, I can’t wait for the next season)!!
4. Surrender Your Love: This story was refreshing. I have read a ton of romance books containing the hot rich guy who sweeps the female character off her feet, but this was different. I enjoyed the mystery aspect of the story, adding another layer to narrative. I do not like the best friend though. Overall a nice easy read. This book is also on the New York Times Best Seller List, along with it’s sequel Conquer Your Love (which I will be reading next)!!!
5. The Golem and The Jinni: (I haven’t read this book yet, so I am just going to share the summary from the book) Chava, a golem brought to life by a disgraced rabbi, and Ahmad, a jinni released from an old copper flask are brought to New York in 1899. Like their immigrant neighbours, the Golem and the Jinni struggle to make their way in this strange new place while masking the supernatural origins that could destroy them.They form an unlikely friendship, until the strange events of one night force them to make a terrible decision. Part fable, part myth, part historical fiction – just what the beach towel ordered, and thanks to Christa, I have it all ready to go in my bag!
6. Big Girl Panties: (I haven’t read this book yet either, so I am going to share the summary with all of you) Niece of the best-selling Janet Evanovich, Stephanie has written a fabulously fun read about a widow who has a meet-cute with a celebrity personal trainer that changes her life. Widowed in her early 30′s, Holly consoles herself with food – only to find herself sitting next to Logan Montgomery during a flight. Intrigued, he takes her on as a client, and soon they are more than just gym buddies. But can a man whose whole life depends on looks commit himself to a woman who doesn’t fit his image?
You can find all of these books on www.amazon.com
What are YOUR best summer reads for this season? Leave your suggestions/reviews for me in the comments!!!
Thank you for visiting!!