I love pie.. I think that it is a dessert that can be eaten any time no matter the occasion. Last year I visited Mt. Rainier in Washington with my family and on our way home we stopped at this little mom & pop restaurant cafe and I had the most amazing pie I have ever had. Ever since then I have been craving blackberry pie. For the past few month I have been trying and tweeking pie recipes, and I finally came up with my own version of blackberry pie with a twist.
I have never been a fan off making my own pie crust I find it so tedious and not very fun lol. So I bought a pie crust, but I am sure this pie would taste even better, if I didn’t decide to be lazy, if I made the crust from scratch.
The twist to this recipe is that instead of only using blackberries I added a few raspberries to the mixture to just add some depth of berry flavor to the pie. I found when I only used blackberries I didn’t like pie as much..Just my own personal preference, but you can leave out the raspberries and just use blackberries alone.
Cut out and a piece and serve with some vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 5 cups of blackberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 tsp of butter cut into pieces
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and stir in blackberries and raspberries until everything is coated.
- Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Place your cut butter pieces on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; and seal the edges with a fork. (you can make the crust cover into any design you like I did a criss cross weave top for some extra cuteness!)
- Cover the crust edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning on the edges.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour to allow filling to thicken.
- Cut into slices, serve and enjoy with some yummy ice cream!!