Maybelline Age rewind concealer : http://www.ulta.com/instant-age-rewind-eraser-dark-circle-treatment-concealer?productId=xlsImpprod3490149
ABH contour palette: Peach, Havanna, Nutmeg: http://www.ulta.com/contour-kit?productId=xlsImpprod11571030
Becca Palette dupes:
Makeup Geek “Petal Pusher” is a similar dupe for Becca Cordial
Makeup Geek “Frappe” is a similar dupe for Becca Cognac
Anastasia Beverly Hills “Deep Plum” is a dupe for Becca Bordeaux
Anastasia Beverly Hills “Soft Gold” is a dupe for Becca Chardonnay
Anastasia Beverly Hills “Amber” is a dupe for Becca Champagne Toast
Makeup Forever graphic liner: http://www.sephora.com/graphic-liner-P391917?skuId=1656917&icid2=products%20grid:p391917
Laura mercier primer: http://www.sephora.com/foundation-primer-blemish-less-P408221?skuId=1821503&icid2=laura_mercier_whatsnew_carousel_us:p408221
Dior Skin nude BB cream: http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-nude-bb-creme-P377753?skuId=1487651&icid2=products%20grid:p377753
L’oreal tinted brow gel: http://www.ulta.com/brow-stylist-plumper-brow-gel-mascara?productId=xlsImpprod11861077
Benefit roller lash mascara: http://www.ulta.com/roller-lash-super-curling-lifting-mascara?productId=xlsImpprod11951085
Champaign collection face palette: (sold out unfortunately)
Milani lipstick femme rose: http://milanicosmetics.com/Color-Statement-Lipstick.html
Mario Badescu rose spray: http://www.ulta.com/facial-spray-with-aloe-herb-rosewater?productId=xlsImpprod6200727
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are the author’s own and are provided for informational purposes only. The author makes no warranties about the suitability of any product or treatment referenced or reviewed here for any person other than herself and any reliance placed on these reviews or references by you is done so solely at your own risk. Nothing on this site shall be construed as providing dermatological, medical or other such advice and you are always advised to seek the advice of a suitable professional should you have any such concerns.
I love pie.. I think that it is a dessert that can be eaten any time no matter the occasion. Last year I visited Mt. Rainier in Washington with my family and on our way home we stopped at this little mom & pop restaurant cafe and I had the most amazing pie I have ever had. Ever since then I have been craving blackberry pie. For the past few month I have been trying and tweeking pie recipes, and I finally came up with my own version of blackberry pie with a twist.
I have never been a fan off making my own pie crust I find it so tedious and not very fun lol. So I bought a pie crust, but I am sure this pie would taste even better, if I didn’t decide to be lazy, if I made the crust from scratch.
The twist to this recipe is that instead of only using blackberries I added a few raspberries to the mixture to just add some depth of berry flavor to the pie. I found when I only used blackberries I didn’t like pie as much..Just my own personal preference, but you can leave out the raspberries and just use blackberries alone.
Cut out and a piece and serve with some vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 5 cups of blackberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 tsp of butter cut into pieces
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and stir in blackberries and raspberries until everything is coated.
- Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Place your cut butter pieces on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; and seal the edges with a fork. (you can make the crust cover into any design you like I did a criss cross weave top for some extra cuteness!)
- Cover the crust edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning on the edges.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour to allow filling to thicken.
- Cut into slices, serve and enjoy with some yummy ice cream!!
Sweet juicy watermelon paired with salty feta, fresh arugula, a balsamic glaze, topped with fresh cracked pepper.
You aren’t going to believe this, but I am probably one of the very few people who isn’t the biggest fan of watermelon. So it was a huge surprise to everyone when I decided to buy a watermelon to try a new salad. So this is the first watermelon I have ever bought and it just happens to be for this salad. I know, I’m crazy!
I decided to start small and buy the baby size instead of a full size one, just in case I didn’t end up liking the salad and I did want to waste an entire watermelon, and it’s easier to cut and takes up a lot less space.
So, this salad is a bit of a twist I decided to grill the slices of watermelon on a grill pan, but just be careful not to grill it too long. If you do it gets kind of mushy and slimy which is not a very pleasant taste or texture. A good alternative is to actually use a grill, I just don’t own a grill so I used a stovetop pan. Watermelon paired with feta is a sweet and salty combination that I surprisingly absolutely love! Then when you throw in the freshness and peppery taste of arugula really send this salad over the top. I finished the salad with a sweet balsamic reduction drizzled on top will some fresh cracked pepper, which not only made the grilled watermelon salad look beautiful, but completes the sweet and salty flavors of this delicious summer salad on your taste buds! To my surprise I found this salad delicious, if your looking for a new twist on a salad I highly recommend this one.
- one watermelon (whole or baby)
- feta cheese crumbled
- fresh cracked pepper to taste(optional)
- Balsamic reduction (recipe found here)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Cut the watermelon into desired shapes either in cubes for skewers or in t block squares like I did.
- Place the slabs of watermelon onto a heated grill pan and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until marked and warm. Remove from pan
- Place the grilled watermelon onto a little bed of arugula, add more arugula on top sprinkle some feta cheese, and drizzle the balsamic reduction on top before serving.
- Top with some kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.