Happy Valentines Day loves!!
I have been racking my brain all week on what to give for Valentines Day gifts this year, and on a budget? I love making things, one year for Christmas I gave everyone a custom holiday cd, so I decided to make my gifts this year for Valentines Day!
Granola is one of my favorite breakfast or snack foods. It’s full of nuts and whole grains and a bunch of other healthy stuff, with a hint of coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. And plus it’s so easy to make. Pour it into a mason jar and tie with a pretty ribbon and voila you have the perfect and cute/healthy gift for not just Valentines but for any occasion.
- 3 Cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup of agave nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
p.s. I bought whole walnuts and pecans and chopped them myself on a chopping board
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir your dry ingredients together, oats, flaxseeds, nuts, coconut chips, and cinnamon.
- Melt your coconut oil in a small saucepan, and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir well until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour onto your baking sheet making an even layer. Bake for about 15min, and stir and continue to bake at 7-10min intervals until everything is evenly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on your baking sheet. Break up your granola and stir in your cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container. I used mason jars.
p.s: once your granola cools on your baking sheet it will harden and give it a nice crunchy texture.
And voila! you have your homemade granola the perfect gift to give for any occasion, especially as a last minute Valentines Gift!