Homemade whole wheat pancakes that are healthy and delicious, and you won’t feel so guilty to eat! These pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and they were so fluffy! To me the fluffier the pancakes the prettier and tastier they are (I know weird lol). I hope that you enjoy this recipe, I know there’s so many different recipes and variations to this, and if you have one I would love to know how you make yours, so I can try different variations!
xoxo I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients minus the lemon juice in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined to a batter texture
- Add the lemon juice to the batter an stir it in a couple of times
- Don’t overmix your batter, it will prevent the pancakes from rising and becoming fluffy
- Let your batter sit while your pan heats up
- Scoop your batter into the pan and spread out evenly
- Cook until you see bubbles form around the edges of the pancake and gently flip, and cook until it’s lightly brown.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries or your favorite fruit, and pour on some maple syrup
Voila!! You have yummy healthy pancakes!!