My new obsession are these Jack Black lip balms. It pretty much feels like butter for your lips!!
During the winter my lips get pretty chapped, especially if the climate is a little dry, and it probably doesn’t help that I wear a lot of lipsticks and liquid lipsticks which can also be very drying to your lips. I have been looking for a good lip balm or lip treatment, and I have tried quite a few, and so far this one is my favorite!
This lip balm has a smooth thick feel, but doesn’t have a heavy feeling on your lips. It supplies a lot of moisture to your lips without have a slippery greasy feeling that vaseline gives in my opinion. The Jack Black lip balm for me is both healing and moisturizing. And it comes in some many different flavors. The flavors that this lip balm comes in are Natural Mint, Shea Butter, Black Tea & Blackberry, Grapefruit & Ginger, Lemon & Chamomile, and Vanilla & Lavender, and all of the lip balms contain an SPF of 25 (UVA & UVB protection) which is just an added bonus to these lip balms. My favorite flavor out of all of this is the Shea Butter, and personally I am not a huge fan the the Natural Mint, to me it has a different smell, which I have a hard time getting around. I apply this lip product every day to prep my lips while I apply my makeup before I used any other lip product, and before I go to bed as an overnight lip treatment.
Here is a link for the Jack Black Lip Balm if you would like to try them out
ps: This is not a sponsored post, this is just my personal opinion of this product, this product is not for everyone, and I advise to try it out to see if this product is for you.
Happy Valentines Day loves!!
I have been racking my brain all week on what to give for Valentines Day gifts this year, and on a budget? I love making things, one year for Christmas I gave everyone a custom holiday cd, so I decided to make my gifts this year for Valentines Day!
Granola is one of my favorite breakfast or snack foods. It’s full of nuts and whole grains and a bunch of other healthy stuff, with a hint of coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. And plus it’s so easy to make. Pour it into a mason jar and tie with a pretty ribbon and voila you have the perfect and cute/healthy gift for not just Valentines but for any occasion.
- 3 Cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup of agave nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
p.s. I bought whole walnuts and pecans and chopped them myself on a chopping board
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir your dry ingredients together, oats, flaxseeds, nuts, coconut chips, and cinnamon.
- Melt your coconut oil in a small saucepan, and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir well until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour onto your baking sheet making an even layer. Bake for about 15min, and stir and continue to bake at 7-10min intervals until everything is evenly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on your baking sheet. Break up your granola and stir in your cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container. I used mason jars.
p.s: once your granola cools on your baking sheet it will harden and give it a nice crunchy texture.
And voila! you have your homemade granola the perfect gift to give for any occasion, especially as a last minute Valentines Gift!
Homemade whole wheat pancakes that are healthy and delicious, and you won’t feel so guilty to eat! These pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and they were so fluffy! To me the fluffier the pancakes the prettier and tastier they are (I know weird lol). I hope that you enjoy this recipe, I know there’s so many different recipes and variations to this, and if you have one I would love to know how you make yours, so I can try different variations!
xoxo I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients minus the lemon juice in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined to a batter texture
- Add the lemon juice to the batter an stir it in a couple of times
- Don’t overmix your batter, it will prevent the pancakes from rising and becoming fluffy
- Let your batter sit while your pan heats up
- Scoop your batter into the pan and spread out evenly
- Cook until you see bubbles form around the edges of the pancake and gently flip, and cook until it’s lightly brown.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries or your favorite fruit, and pour on some maple syrup
Voila!! You have yummy healthy pancakes!!
Happy Friday Loves!!
It’s been raining a lot here this week and for me rainy days are perfect for a girls night and relaxing after a busy week of school. My favorite way to relax is by taking bubble bath. I only got this a few months ago, and Wow!! this is the best bubble bath ever! The Lavender Foaming Bath from L’Occitaine is probably one of the the best products I have used, and it’s perfect for a little girl time and a night in, and it smells amazing! The lavender scent is heavenly, and not too strong, and when you get out of the bath the scent lingers on your skin and its very soothing and relaxing. The packaging is one of my favorite things about this. I love that it comes in a brushed-aluminium bottle. I so simple and classy that it reminds me of France and of the metal bottles that were used in the past to hold fragrances.
The only downside to this product is that it is a little on the pricy side, and sells for $36 for about 170z. But for me personally I think that this bath is worth the price. A little goes a long way, and it leaves your skin feeling clean and fragrant. If your looking for a great new bath product I would recommend this one! Just pour a little bit under some running hot water, and let the scent relax and stimulate your mind and transport you to the rugged hills of Provence.
L-Occitane Lavender Harvest Foaming Bath
ps: this is just my personal opinion of this product, this product is not for everyone, and I advise to try it out to see if this product is for you.