After months and months at attempting a braided crown I finally got it. This was my first time actually getting this and I was so excited I wanted to share it with all of you!! and some tricks I learned along the way to help make achieving this braid a little easier.
ps: I am not a braiding expert, I just have really curly/wavy frizzy hair and I don’t like to use hot tools all the time and I find braiding an easy cute alternative to heat styling.
- Doing a dutch braid you braid under instead of over (french braid). This makes for a more defined braid and your braid will be on top.
- Where ever you place your hands while braiding is where your braid will go, so try and keep your hands as close to your hair line as possible to get a crown effect.
- If you have layered hair I would suggest braiding when your hair is a little damp, to help you catch any looses ends so your braid is cleaner and less messy like mine was. Or use some kind of hair wax to add a little texture to your dry hair and prevent less flyways, and hold everything in place.
- This hairstyle works best on hair that is two or three days old, and not freshly washed hair. Clean hair is harder to work with and less malleable.
- Spray your hair with a little bit of dry shampoo (I use Dove) and a little bit of hairspray to keep the frizz a little bit under control.
- While braiding keep your braid pretty tight, you can loosen it up after your done braiding by pancaking your braid (spreading out the ends to fluff your braid and make it look fuller)
- Take your time and be patient, you might have to redo your braid a few times till you get the technique right. And make sure you alternate your hands when you braid in the back of your head.
- Watch various videos on youtube. Each tutorial has a different technique and it will help you find the best way to braid for you.
I hope that you find some of these tips helpful when you are trying your braided crown!!
“yes your the fairest of them all”- Snow White
My Disney’s poisoned apple from Snow White mini painting is now up on etsy!!
I hope you all had an amazing weekend.
This is going to be a long post, but My 2014 Beauty Favorites is finally here!! Let me know if you would like me to review any one particular product. Thank you for visiting
Ok lets get started!!
- Make Up Forever HD foundation – oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.
- L’oreal true match – amazing foundation with light-medium coverage, build-able
- L’oreal true match powder – creamy powder foundation smoothes on evenly for a flawless-looking complexion.
- Mac Pro long wear – provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish, can also be used as an eye primer.
- NARS radiant creamy concealer – creamy concealer with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion, can be used on all skin types.
- Jack Black Lip Balm – hydrating lip balm to soothe lips while it protects from sun and wind and restore softness to your lips
- Bite Beauty Cinnamon Lip Oil –99%-natural cinnamon- and Resveratrol-infused lip oil that naturally hydrates, shines, and plumps the appearance of lips in one spicy swipe.
- Vaseline Rosy Lips – locks in moisture to help your lips feel and look better over time.
p.s this is not sponsored, all products I purchased and these are just my personal favorites, they work different on every person and skin type.
“Why says that my dreams have to stay just my dreams?”-Ariel
Mini Little Mermaid painting is now up in my Etsy shop!!
Wish I Could Be now on Etsy
Happy Friday Everyone!
I usually make sugar cookies to give as gifts to everyone during the holidays, but this year I had to mix it up. I wanted to make cookies for my grandparents, and my grandma doesn’t eat meat (including eggs) and my grandpa can’t have sugar, so I decided to try and make eggless sugar free cookies. They loved them so I wanted to share my recipe with all of you!
Hope you enjoy!
ps. I still prefer my sugar cookies recipe over this one, the constancy is in my opinion better, but this is a good alternative version.
Eggless Sugar free cookies
(makes about 25-28 cookies)
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (soft otherwise it won’t mix very well)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Agave (you can add a little more if you want your cookies to be sweeter, I would say this recipe is semi-sweet)
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients.
Step 2: Wrap your dough in some wax paper or plastic wrap and place your dough in the fridge for at least an hour (this will harden your dough up a bit so it will be easier to roll out)
OR: Roll the dough into log then place in the plastic wrap to do a slice and bake style cookie instead. For the slice and bake chill the dough for about an hour or longer.
Step 3: preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 4: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 5: Roll out your dough not too thin and cut out your shapes. (which is what I did) and place onto the parchment paper un-greased
OR: Slice the log dough into about 1/8 in rounds and place onto the parchment paper un-greased.
Step 6: Bake your cookies for about 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Make sure you watch your cookies.
Let your cookies cool and voila!
GRUMPY “bah humbug”
miniature painting of Grumpy from the Disney Classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs now up on my Etsy if you would like to check it out!
Hey everyone! It’s another winter fashion look!
p.s please ignore the mess in the background i was wrapping christmas presents!!!
Sweater: Oh La La knit sweater by Lauren Conrad at Kohl’s (Sold out)
Bottoms: Shiny Nylon Tricot Leggings from American Apparel