I am perfume-obsessed…and it’s so hard to find the perfect scent, you try one only to have it fade completely in what seems like minutes. I know that it depends on what type of fragrance you choose, but there are some ways to make your perfume last longer. Here are some helpful ways!!
- Choose your fragrance wisely: heavier scented fragrances tend to have more strength and last longer, which means that lighter scents like florals and citrusy scents tend to evaporate more quickly. But no perfume will last all day, so expect to reapply your fragrance at some point during the day.
- Make sure you moisturize: dry skin doesn’t hold the perfume as well, so apply body lotion before you spritz your perfume, and if you have a body lotion that came with your perfume, than that should help the scent last even longer.
- Strategically spritz your perfume: Their are specific places to apply your perfume. The insides of your wrists, elbows, and behind the knees. The reason you apply to these areas is because your skin is warmer at these points, due to elevated blood vessels beneath the skin in these areas, which diffuses your fragrance throughout your skin. However you could also follow the words of Coco Chanel who said “A woman should wear perfume wherever she wants to be kissed.”…
- Be Careful: eventually over time you become used to your fragrance, therefore making it more difficult to smell, which can cause you to spritz it too much. The solution is to count how many times you spray your fragrance when you first start using it, and continue to always spray the same amount. I know that is common sense, but sometimes you can get carried away, and you definitely don’t want to be the person people don’t want to sit next to because you smell so overpowering.
- Helpful tips: in case you end up going a little overboard with your perfume, you can tone it down by rubbing the places you spritzed with a baby or facial wipe.
And now your ready to go out!!!
If you have anymore helpful tips I’d love to hear them!!