I love sugar cookies!! But sometimes when you buy them they are either too sweet, or dry. So I decided to try and make my own. And I finally found the perfect recipe!! Sugar cookies are perfect for every holiday and with Valentine’s Day coming up I figure this is the best time to share my recipe for those of you who like to bake or who want to try something new for Valentines!
I also wanted to share some of my photos from the Christmas Holiday Cookies I made. I know it’s a little late but better late than never I guess….haha.
It takes a bit of work, but I promise everyone will enjoy them!
- 4 3/4 Cup of Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) Set aside
- Beat the margarine and sugar together until fluffy
- Beat in eggs
- Fold in Valilla Extract
- Stir flour into the mixture slowly (I find it best and easier to do a little bit at a time)
- Chill overnight (if you don’t have time for that chill at least 3-4 hours, but overnight is best)
- Roll out dough and have fun!!
Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated over for about 8-10 minutes. Times may vary slightly depending on your oven so make sure you watch your cookies.
Once they cool, decorate and enjoy!!