For those of you on a budget or just like to be simple and cute, this is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for that special someone!
All you need is a camera, a photo collage app, and a printer to print your photo!
1. Take a picture/or have someone take a picture of your eye
2. Have someone take a picture of you holding you hands in a heart shape
3. Have someone take a headshot picture of you with you pointing your finger, or of you holding a picture of your special someone.
This is a cute and simple way to give a gift! Accessorize you photo with other goodies like a cute unique card.
Check out my Etsy shop for unique cards and Valentines day cards!
I love sugar cookies!! But sometimes when you buy them they are either too sweet, or dry. So I decided to try and make my own. And I finally found the perfect recipe!! Sugar cookies are perfect for every holiday and with Valentine’s Day coming up I figure this is the best time to share my recipe for those of you who like to bake or who want to try something new for Valentines!
I also wanted to share some of my photos from the Christmas Holiday Cookies I made. I know it’s a little late but better late than never I guess….haha.
It takes a bit of work, but I promise everyone will enjoy them!
- 4 3/4 Cup of Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) Set aside
- Beat the margarine and sugar together until fluffy
- Beat in eggs
- Fold in Valilla Extract
- Stir flour into the mixture slowly (I find it best and easier to do a little bit at a time)
- Chill overnight (if you don’t have time for that chill at least 3-4 hours, but overnight is best)
- Roll out dough and have fun!!
Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated over for about 8-10 minutes. Times may vary slightly depending on your oven so make sure you watch your cookies.
Once they cool, decorate and enjoy!!
I was browsing through Etsy one day and I found this amazing cupcake hats!! I have seen a couple of people wearing these cute hats here and their and I always wanted one. So I figured this was the perfect time to buy a knit hat, especially with the weather being cold, and I love wearing cute hats and beanies.
When I first received the hat I was so excited and happy to wear it!!. I have to say that this is one of the cutest hats I have owned so far. When I wear it, it’s also fun to see people’s reactions when I am walking around, it usually puts a smile on people’s faces when they notice what it is. It’s a knit hat and homemade witch makes it even more fantastic. And it keeps my head nice and warm, while being super cute and made well, and the best part is that it hasn’t even messed up my hair! 🙂
If this is your type of thing, you can buy one like mine from Stellas Knits shop on Etsy. Its perfect if you love fun hats, and especially ones that makes people smile. You might even receive a few random compliments. Here is the link to the shop where I purchased my cupcake hat!!
Cupcake Hat by StellasKnits
I love all different types of lip balms, glosses, stains, and sticks. I was at Target the other day and I was so excited to see a brand new Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips! I love Vaseline in general so I just had to get this product.
First I want to talk about the packaging. I find it kinda cute! I love the that it’s mini and can easily fit in your purse, and that it’s a pink mini version of a Vaseline container.
Lip therapy is already available in Original and Cocoa Butter, but now in rosy lips! Since this product is a Vaseline it doesn’t irritate the lip, which is perfect for those with sensitive skin/lips. Rosy lips adds just a light tint to your lips, but it’s barely noticeable, it’s pretty sheer. The texture of this balm is only slightly thicker than regular original Vaseline, but it’s not sticky at all. I hate balms that are sticky.
This balm has a nice light rose scent. I use this as a layering balm, it works well for when you want to blend together your lip pencil, for if like me you want to use it to add a little moisture to your lips as a base before you apply your lipstick.
It’s a great balm and one of my new favorites. Although I kind of wish it came in a tube. I haven’t seen it online, but you can purchase it at Target and Walgreens. I love Rosy Lips and for $1.99 you can’t go wrong. I recommend it! 🙂
p.s.: this is just my personal opinion of this product. Try it out to form your own opinion.
If you have any other lip products that you love I would love to hear your recommendations!
Now I have never colored my hair before, so I had a lot of back and forth before I decided that it was time for a change. I love the ombre hair style that has been a trend in hair for a while, so I decided that this is what I wanted my hair change to be. I did a lot of research on it and here are some of the helpful things I learned beforehand, for those of you considering to embrace the trend. (ps I am not a stylist and I have not beauty training, this is just some things that I found helpful. 🙂
- Choose inspirational photos: when I got my hair done I used these photos as inspiration. My hair is about the same length as all of these, and my natural hair color is very dark brown so close to the dark parts on these photos. My advice is to tell the stylist exactly what you like about the photo so that the colors can be matched as closely as possible. I didn’t want my hair to be too blonde and more of a warm honey instead, and since it was my first time coloring my hair I wanted my hair to look more natural and subtle so I had ombre highlights instead of the whole hair ombre. Remember that your hair will never look exactly like your photo, every hair and person is different.
- Know your hair foundation: if you have had your hair colored before, and your roots are now showing, I suggest you have your hair an even all over color, which might make this process a little more pricey. Now if you are like me and you start with your natural color on top and want to keep it that way your cost will be lower and the process probably won’t be as long. Here are my before and after photos!! I know my ombre is a bit subtle but I don’t think I am quite so adventurous to get the full hair ombre look, and i’m not sure my parents would be too thrilled if I did…lol. Sorry about the lighting.
- How it’s done: I’m not a stylist so I don’t want to explain the process and get it all wrong, but here is a link if you want to know the process and steps to get ombre hairstyle!!
Ombre hair technique
- Damage: I haven’t experienced this, but I know a couple people who have had some damage due to the ombre. The bleached areas were a little rough and in California where the sun can be a little intense, mixed with salt water from the beach can leave your ombre hair a little damaged. So make sure you manage it, and go to the salon regularly if you start to see any damage.
- If you want to get rid of it: I love love my hair, so I probably will keep it for a while, but if this look is just not for you, getting rid of if might be a bit of a process. To get rid of the ombre takes more time, money, and color than it takes to get the look, and might cause more damage to your hair. I don’t know the exact process to die it back but I imagine it would probably be a process.
All in all I say that this hairstyle is a commitment, and you should take some serious thought before you decide. If you do decided and like me are scared of going all the way, I suggest ombre highlights. They are subtle, and beautiful and is a good way to ease yourself into this hairstyle!!
It’s holiday season and I love to change up my decorations all the time. I found this on pinterest and I wanted to try it out and show you all the final result.
I don’t always have so much time on my hands so this one of the easiest ideas I have seen and decided to try, and it took no time at all to make.
All you need is dollar store vases and dollar store candle stick holder. And some heavy duty glue, I used E6000, it’s very strong and I find you don’t have to worry about the glue chipping and eventually fading.
Apply the glue to the rim of the candle stick holder and then stick it to the bottom of the vase. Put something heavy on top just to apply a little pressure so the glue can set evenly.
Let it dry!
Enjoy! you can use these as candle holders, or potpury holder, or even put for favorite snacks out for guests to enjoy when you have a party!!
It’s cute, cheap, and super easy to make if your like me and like to change things up all the time!!!
Casablanca is one of my all time favorite movies, and my all time favorite black and white movie!! This is a film that is loved by so many and gets even more popular over time. Casablanca received eight Oscar nominations and was the film that made Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart. And i’m sure it didn’t hurt that the film was released during World War II, but the even long after the war Casablanca has remained popular. Harvard even has a tradition of screening the film durning finals week, I only wish it was a tradition at the University I went to. 🙂
If you haven’t seen this film I suggest that you do, you will fall in love with it, like so many before you. It’s a tradition for me to watch it every Valentine’s Day, but I like to mix it up so I watched it last night! I posted the trailer below in case some of you are interested, and if you want to know what the story is about I will put the film summary below it.
Let me know what you guys think of this film, and If you have any other movie suggestions post a comment with the movie title and the year it was released and I will watch it, and maybe make a posting about it!! Hope you all have an amazing monday night!!
Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) runs an upscale nightclub in unoccupied Casablanca in the early days of World War II. He is shocked when he sees his lost love Ilsa Lund (Ingrid Bergman) walk into his nightclub.But she’s with her husband Victor Laszlo (Paul Henreid), a fugitive Czech Resistance leader who has escaped from a Nazi concentration camp. They need letters of transit to travel freely to neutral Portugal and rumor has it that Rick has the papers…..
Humphrey Bogart – Rick Blaine
Ingrid Bergman – Ilsa Lund
Paul Henreid – Victor Laszlo
Conrad Veidt – Major Heinrich Strasser
Claude Rains – Captain Louis Renault
Sydney Greenstreet – Signor Ferrari
Peter Lorre – Ugarte
Dooley Wilson – Sam